Sex in the elderly
There is no doubt that aging brings with it physiological changes that directly affect sexuality. The menopause and andropause entail a change in hormone levels including estrogen and testosterone, which could justify the decrease in sexual desire or frequency of sexual intercourse that occurs in the elderly.
In the man:
- It reduces the production of sperm and seminal fluid, as well as the size of the testicles.
- The response to arousal is slower.
- The erection is not so firm.
- Orgasms last less.
- It takes more time to recover and be able to have new intercourse.
Also, the woman:
- Lubricates with more difficulty (vaginal dryness).
- There may be pain during intercourse (dyspareunia).
- He has more difficulty reaching orgasm.
- The response to stimuli is slower and also the recovery time.
Also as they age, a series of diseases that negatively condition sexual life in different ways are more frequent:
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Neurological diseases.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia, etc.
Also, the treatments of these diseases -both medications and surgery- can cause different types of sexual dysfunction:
- Lack of sexual desire
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Vaginal dryness
- Anorgasmia, etc.
However, both diseases and physiological changes that affect sexual function have sex treatment in Delhi and should not be an impediment to enjoy satisfactory sex life.
It is true that the mode of aging will affect sexual life to a greater or lesser extent. Hence the importance of promoting active and healthy aging, giving life to the years and not the other way around. You have to change some habits, yes, but you can and should live very satisfying sexuality. You can follow a few tips to meet this goal:
- Do not fall into passivity and isolation.
- To do physical exercise.
- Eliminate habits such as alcohol and tobacco.
- Maintain a social activity
- Comply with the treatments imposed by the doctor for the diseases that are had.
- Avoid stress.
- Have a healthy diet.
- Consult with the best sexologist in Delhi any doubt or problem that may arise in relation to sexual life.
Aging and sex, except extreme cases of incapacitating pathologies, are good traveling companions. It is not about pretending to have the sex life of when you were young, but to dose efforts, intensify the relationship of affection with the couple and maintain the ability to enjoy.